Intern - Energy & Climate Analysis/Communications
We are looking for a paid summer intern to support our work for 6-8 weeks
We are offering an exciting opportunity for students or recent graduates with an interest in climate issues, to work with the team for 6-8 weeks this summer. This internship will be paid the London Living Wage and transport allowance.
What you will do
- You will work on a specific project to support one of ECIU’s programmes, bringing your analytical skills to bear on these important issues.
What you will learn
- Experience how a small team in the sector works to achieve impact.
- Pick up skills and knowledge for a future career in or around our sector.
We are looking for potential more than experience, offering this role as a learning and development opportunity to kick-start your future career.
You should have:
- An interest in climate and energy issues in the UK and/or beyond.
- An interest in and understanding of the UK political and economic context in which delivery of net zero sits.
- Enthusiasm for, and preferably some experience (whether in employment, personal or academic context) of complex analysis.
- Effective and straightforward communication skills.
- The willingness to work in a team, and independently, seeking guidance and support where needed, and working to deadlines.
- The ability to be innovative and creative, motivated and able to work across issues, and with people at any level.
- Some understanding of the UK media and social media space.
We value diversity and inclusion and are keen to make our sector more welcoming and accessible to a greater diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from groups currently under-represented in our sector, including: people from a Black, Asian or other minority ethnic background; people from a socially or economically disadvantaged background; people who consider themselves to have a disability.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Hours/Duration: This is a 6-8 week placement which will take place in the summer, likely starting in July, although timing is slightly flexible. Our office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Salary: London Living Wage (£11.95/hour), plus travel expenses.
Location: We envisage that the internship will take place at our offices near Borough station in central London. There will be support with transport costs.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages outlining how you meet the specification to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on 18 June. Interviews will be held within two weeks of the closing date.
All applications will be treated confidentially.
We will store your information in our internal database for 6 months unless you specifically request otherwise.