- COP101: What is a COP?
- Net zero: why is it necessary?
- Net zero: the scorecard
- Net zero: why 1.5ºC?
- Net zero: power
- Net zero: heating
- Net zero: cars, lorries, buses and trains
- Net zero: aviation and shipping
- Heavy industry and the net-zero economy
- Net zero: farming and the countryside
- Negative emissions: why, what, how?
- Net zero: economy and jobs
- How is the climate changing?
- What's causing climate change?
- What is ocean acidification?
- Climate change and health
- Climate change and nature
- Climate change and security
- Climate economics - costs and benefits
- Flood risk and the UK
… and 30 more.
- IPCC Explainer: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability
- COP27: A visual guide
- IPCC Explainer: Stopping Climate Change
- IPCC Explainer: The Science of Climate Change
- Climate Finance: A guide for the perplexed
- COP26: A visual guide
- Covid-19 and Climate
- Net Zero: A short history
- UNEP Gap Report 2020
- Special Report on the Ocean and Cryosphere
- COP26: Una guía visual
- Net Zero: Ambition globally
- Special Report on 1.5°C
- A Short(-ish) History of the UN Climate Summits
- UNEP Gap Report 2019
- Rising Gas Imports and the UK’s Balance of Trade
- Getting off Gas
- Power plants on wheels
- April Fools: Household bills will rise even if price freeze stays fixed
- Europe Steels the Deal
- The UK's second-hand car market
- The Cost of Gas since the Russian Invasion of Ukraine
- Mapping the net zero economy
- Cost of NOT zero in 2022
- Solar power charge: global momentum
- The Big Four: are major emitters downplaying their climate and clean energy progress?
- Global momentum: The energy price shock and the transition to electric vehicles
- Climate change, fossil fuels, and UK food prices
- Everybody's Business: The net zero blind spot
- Levelling up farming
- Inflation and the cost of running a net zero vs fossil fuel household
- Keeping 1.5°C alive
- Levelling up or letting down?
- Reasons to be cheerful: leadership in action
- Stuck on the starting line: How the UK is falling behind Europe in the race to clean steel
… and 32 more.
- COP27 debrief: outcomes of COP27
- ECIU Talks to Ed Davey: what will global food crisis mean for action by G7 nations and at COP27?
- ECIU Tallks to Rachel Kyte: closing the emissions ambition gap before COP27
- ECIU Talks to Richard Black: from Bonn to G7 to COP27
- Darren Jones, MP: net zero offers ‘huge opportunity’ for British businesses and communities, but needs the Government to walk the walk
- COP26: Post-match analysis
- ECIU talks to... Andrea Leadsom MP
- Why emissions matter to China
In The News
- Every British household to spend nearly £6,000 on foreign gas by 2035
- Plan to cut use of foreign gas ‘will fail without insulation and heat pumps’
- Delays to landlord energy efficiency standards will cost England’s renters £1bn
- UK falling behind EU rivals in green steel race
- UK renewables produced enough electricity to ‘power every UK home’ through the winter, analysts say
- Electric car shortfall could see motorists lose £9billion over next 20 years if government fails to boost uptake
- Britain forced to spend £50bn extra on gas since Putin invaded Ukraine, analysis shows
- The Net Zero arms race is on – and Britain is at risk of falling behind
- Green projects are boosting UK growth - report
- Green technology delays cost ‘£1,750 per home’
- Study: Trebling UK onshore wind capacity would require just 0.02 per cent of land
- Households could be paying £800m more this winter due to onshore wind farm ban
- Onshore wind more popular with Conservative voters than MPs realise, polls show
- UK could have slashed gas use with higher rates of heat pumps, analysis finds
- Fossil fuel cost rises and climate change ‘adding £407 to household food bills’
- Price of pint to soar in new carbon dioxide supply crisis
- Gas prices to push up farmers’ fertiliser costs by nearly £2bn
- Gas crisis is responsible for 95 per cent of energy bill hike, analysis shows
- Geeting to net zero is key to reducing drought impacts in UK
- Drought conditions sign that climate impacts starting to bite
… and 230 more.
- Comment on Ofgem price cap
- Comment on CPS motoring taxation report
- Comment on ONS food price inflation statistics
- Comment on Regen power grid report
- Comment on outcome of G7 leaders’ summit
- Comment on World Weather Attribution South Asia heatwaves analysis
- Comment on Stellantis electric vehicle warning
- Recording/comment: Media briefing ahead of No 10 food summit
- UK homes to be heavily dependent on foreign gas under Government plans – £5,700 per household over 12 years
- Comment on food price inflation
- Comment on SMMT used car market figures
- Comment on Iberian heatwave analysis
- Local elections poll: what voters thought about climate/net zero
- Comment on Sultan Al Jaber press conference
- Further delays to energy efficiency in private rented sector
- Government’s heat pump scheme could run out of vouchers as demand rises
- Comment on LionLink interconnector
- Government’s energy independence plan will leave UK ‘more dependent’ on imports
- Comment on Government energy announcements
- Comment on zero emission vehicle (ZEV) mandate
… and 468 more.
- Government ‘Green Day’ to set out net zero policies: media briefing
- Online media briefing: IPCC Sixth Assessment Synthesis Report
- Media briefing: CBI Economics analysis pinpoints UK’s top 20 net zero economic hot spots
- The debrief: outcomes of COP27
- The Big Four: Are major emitters downplaying their climate and clean energy progress?
- How Russia and others are exploiting global crises – the national security risks and economic opportunities
- Bolstering the UK’s energy security – getting off gas
- IPCC Working Group 3 report: climate change mitigation
- Energy impact of Ukraine crisis
- IPCC report - climate impacts and adaptation
- The road from COP26 to COP27 – what role for the UK?
- Media briefing: COP26 state of play and examples of real-world climate action
- COP26 Post-Match Analysis: what it means for the world; what it means for the UK
- Net Zero Strategy: Media briefing
- Best practice for natural climate solutions in the race to zero
- Media briefing: Coronavirus and transport – challenges and opportunities
- Climate Change 2020: A year ahead to the UK’s UN summit
- Weather extremes: Climate attribution since the Paris summit
- Going Net Zero on Climate: Challenges and Opportunities for the UK
- The Age of Consequences - West End Premiere
… and 2 more.
- G7 leaders and climate
- UK sitting out global clean tech race
- IPCC: final warning for a critical decade
- Spring Budget: where is the UK in the green growth race?
- COP15: what might come out of the biodiversity summit for nature and net zero?
- COP27: a loss and damage deal, and global momentum beyond
- From local to global
- Why the UK is not 'just 1%' and why that matters
- COP Context: The carbon footprint of a UN climate summit
- Climate solutions: energy access in African nations
- Artificial intelligence in the battle against climate change
- Loss and damage - why we will be hearing these words more
- G20 and climate progress
- Energy prices - how the UK compares
- COP27 - what can we expect?
- Drought: three ways the UK can adapt to extreme heat
- IPCC Report: A Summary for People
- We must insulate households from volatile prices, for good
- Clean solutions to fossil-fuelled global problems
- How does UK Food Strategy boost food security?
… and 367 more.